The country estate garden of Glenalla is a hidden world surrounded by native woods and moorland. Established in the late 18th century with extensive landscaping by the Franklin family since 1913. Beyond the house and walled kitchen garden are the formal elements of the rockery, rose beds, arbour and stone edged lily pond. There are collections of rhododendrons together with summer and autumn flowering trees and shrubs. A grassy walk leads through the wild flower meadow to a lake and bog garden. In the woods, there are tree ferns and a beech maze with a historic standing stone. Fine specimen trees including The Handkerchief Tree.